Muscle spasms and tightness are often the cause of restricted movement and lack of performance in your horse and can lead to behavioural as well as ridden changes. Massage can release this tightness and tension allowing your horse to move freely again.
I only use long recognised and non-invasive massage techniques designed to work naturally with the horse's own body to encourage healing and to promote good health and enhance performance.
Signs your horse may benefit from a massage include:-
- unexpected change in behaviour, e.g. aggression, lack of interest;
- deterioration in performance;
- muscle or joint stiffness,
- lack of mobility and movement;
- reluctance to work, e.g. refusing to jump;
- unusual bucking or rearing;
- sensitivity to touch or leg aids;
- irregular gait or uneven shoe wear;
- asymmetrical movement or uneven muscle development;
- compensatory movement patterns;
- ideal before or after a competition or very hard work to help reduce the chances of injury and help speed up the recovery process.
Benefits of massage include:-
- achieves relaxation;
- improves performance;
- reduces the risk of injury;
- boosts circulation and releases toxins;
- relieves muscle tightness and spasm;
- improves muscle tone and strength;
- helps maintain healthy joints and muscles;
- reduces pain;
- increases mobility and movement, so can be great for older horses.